To apply or for more detailed information, please see our website: https://unifiedfire.applicantpro.com/jobs/1907985.html
The Payroll Manager supports the mission and vision of UFA by overseeing and supervising the organization’s payroll functions, ensuring pay is processed on time, accurately, and in compliance with government regulations.
This position works within several accounting and financial systems and diverse programs, and frequently demonstrates a broad knowledge due to cross-boundary specialties.
The Payroll Manager works under the general direction of the Chief Financial Officer and is expected to function independently by using personal initiative to plan, carry out and balance individual assignments. In addition, this position supervises the Payroll Coordinator, including participating in hiring decisions, setting individual performance goals, conducting periodic performance evaluations, and arranging for employee training opportunities.
Candidates for this position should be able to use judgment in interpreting and adapting to guidelines such as agency policies, regulations, precedents, and work directions for application to specific cases or problems. In addition, the incumbent analyzes results and recommends changes and/or solutions and analyzes payroll data, and identifies errors and discrepancies.
The successful candidate should establish and maintain effective working relationships with UFA staff, allied agencies, public officials, and the general public and deal effectively and professionally with UFA personnel, suppliers, sales representatives, and couriers.
In addition, the ideal Payroll Manager will be skilled in and knowledgeable of:
- Applicable federal and state laws, including FLSA rules, regulations, and/or policies and procedures.
- Working knowledge of spreadsheet programs and practices and basic business computer use & software (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Working knowledge of accounting programs, fiscal/financial management, payroll software configuration, and data mining.
- Communicating information and ideas clearly and concisely.
- Meeting expected deadlines and attaining measurable results as defined by the UFA’s CFO.