Board Treasurer Responsibilities The Treasurer is vital in overseeing Preservation Utah’s financial activities, ensuring compliance with financial policies and regulations, and providing valuable financial guidance to the board. This volunteer position requires a commitment to preserving Utah’s rich heritage and cultural legacy.
Board Committee Involvement
As the Board Treasurer of Preservation Utah, your key responsibilities include:
- Monitor the budget, funds, and securities so that all financial activities align with the organization’s goals and policies.
- Regularly present comprehensive financial reports to the Board of Trustees, highlighting financial performance and summarizing the results of the annual audit of financial statements.
- Serve as the Chair of the Finance Committee, leading committee meetings and facilitating discussions on financial matters.
- Work closely with the Executive Director to align financial strategies and decisions with Preservation Utah’s mission and objectives.
- Collaborate with the organization’s accountant to facilitate the annual 990 filings and coordinate the annual financial audit.
- Participate in developing the annual budget in collaboration with the Executive Director.
- Present the annual budget to the Board of Directors following the organization’s Financial Policies.
- Assist in orienting new board members and providing them with relevant documents and information.
If interested, please contact Brandy Strand, Executive Director firstname.lastname@example.org 801-215-9533