Finance Director CPA
- Directs staff in the development and administration of budgetary (operating and capital) and fiscal operations.
- Acts in a fiduciary capacity for all financial and accounting activities to include financial reporting, budget maintenance, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and procurement,
- Coordinates the preparation of the annual budget and monitors the budget to ensure it reflects the proper funding levels, expenditures and revenues, and develops corrective action plans when warranted.
- Establishes, maintains, and drives continuous improvement of internal accounting and administrative controls for the safeguarding of the County’s assets.
- Coordinates activities and serves as liaison with other departments, divisions, and outside groups having an interest in financial matters.
- Assists county department/offices in developing, maintaining, and enforcing fiscal policies and procedures.
- Analyzes and reviews financial transactions submitted from County Departments/Offices for accuracy and appropriateness.
- Provides technical guidance and direction, and coordinates training for county staff on an on-going basis.
- Coordinates the completion of major special projects as directed by the County Clerk and Manager Offices.
- Coordinates activities between the department and the audit community, which includes conducting reviews related to fiscal matters and developing control procedures related to audit findings to ensure compliance with County, Federal, and State Regulations.
- Performs related duties and fulfills responsibilities as required.