CONTROLLER (FULL-TIME) Sparano + Mooney Architecture is a supportive collective of architects, designers and craftspeople working on a wide range of projects throughout the American West. Together, we share a passion for collaboration, rigorous critical thinking and sustainability in all that we do. Would you like to be integral to a growing team that is passionate about positively impacting the communities and individuals that our work serves? If so, Sparano + Mooney Architecture would love to meet you! Our firm is hiring an experienced, motivated and creative Controller to join our inclusive, tight-knit team in our Salt Lake City office.
Our Ideal Colleague:
- Is an accounting professional and dedicated team member
- Uses creative resources to streamline processes and produce outstanding work
- Delivers actionable solutions in an efficient manner
- Possesses an undeniably positive attitude toward challenges and opportunities
- Is kind, reliable, highly-organized and professional
- Client invoicing/accounts receivable
- Accounts payable
- HR duties including employee payroll generation, benefit coordination and employee onboarding
- Preparation of monthly financial reports
- Project and business accounting
- Maintenance of accounting department’s filing system
- Managing business operations including licenses, registrations and software procurement
Skills: We would love to work with a focused individual who is detail-oriented, highly-motivated and proactive. The ability to work as part of a team as well as individually in a fast-paced creative studio environment is a must. Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills are essential, as the candidate will need to liaise with clients, suppliers, HR professionals and employees regularly, and will also need to coordinate information with the outside CPA when required. Qualifications: Experience
- Proven experience with accounting software, including QuickBooks, is required.
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills and knowledge of computer programs including the Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel and Word in particular) and Adobe Acrobat is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional bookkeeping and/or accounting experience in a professional environment is required.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required.
- An accounting degree is desirable, as is a demonstrated background in business administration.
- This position is full-time and in-office.
- Hours may vary and flexible work schedules can be accommodated.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Benefits: We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Application Process: Please submit a Cover Letter, Resume and three (3) References to careers [at] sparanomooney.com. A background check will be required prior to confirmation of employment. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Due to the volume of applications, please understand we will only be able to contact candidates we plan to interview.
Firm Profile: Sparano + Mooney Architecture is an award-winning, multi-disciplinary design firm with offices in Salt Lake City, Utah and Los Angeles, California. Our team is comprised of multifaceted colleagues from many backgrounds, perspectives and cultures with a shared commitment to excellence and exceeding our clients’ expectations. We offer a collaborative model in which all team members, regardless of their position, are valued for their unique input. Diversity has consistently been a key value of our inclusive hiring practices. We celebrate and support all members of our creative and administrative team and provide an equal opportunity workplace regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status. Thank you in advance for submitting your qualifications and we look forward to meeting you!