Accounting for outdoor lovers
This role is suited for a high-performing individual with an acute focus on detail & proven ability to get things done accurately, on time, & consistently. The ideal person is someone who relishes being hands-on in all facets of accounting & finance.
January 19, 2023
Our ideal candidate will have the ability to manage and execute the coordination of multiple projects within required timeframes and expectations; demonstrated excellence in communication skills; be able to inform both orally and in writing, and demonstrate the ability to perform detail-oriented task; interact, coordinate, follow up and effectively communicate with the Finance Team and other key stakeholders.
At Camp Chef we enjoy core business hours which allow us to work four 10-hour days, Monday - Thursday
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare daily and monthly reports as needed by department (e.g. cash reports, bank reconciliations, etc.)
- Prepare and manage Intercompany A/R transactions
- Assist Controller in weekly cash forecasting
- Record cash receipts
- Manage third party marketplace receipts
- Manage A/R aging, including collections, filing disputes, working closely with internal and external sales reps in resolving >60 day past due
- Manage customer terms and ensure ERP reflects customer programs.
- Prepare annual audit of customer programs in ERP
- Assist Controller in monthly and quarterly reserve calculations
- Reconcile bank statements to GL accounts
- Prepare and record general journal entries as required
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations
- Assist Controller in the quarterly and annual audit process and work with outside auditors including preparation and analysis of supporting schedules
- Maintain internal controls (SOX compliance)
- Responds to requests by management for audit purposes.
- Degree in Accounting
- 1-3 years related accounting experience required
- Knowledge of GAAP
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, primarily Excel
- Experience with automated accounting systems, journal entries, account reconciliations, month-end closing and year end reporting
- Knowledge of SOX compliance
- NetSuite experience preferred
- Strong teamwork skills with the ability to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy