Performs a variety of complex audits, including financial, performance, compliance and operational audits; conducts investigations, performs contract reviews and financial analyses.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in accounting, business administration, economics, finance or other closely related field, plus one (1) year of auditing experience or closely related work experience; OR an equivalent combination of related education and experience.
- Examines department programs and activities to evaluate efficiency and effectiveness of their operations to prevent waste and safeguard assets.
- Plans the scope of an audit, performs risk assessments, and develops a risk-based fieldwork audit program.
- Examines internal controls in major financial processes to determine adequacy to prevent fraud and waste, and safeguard assets.
- Examines contracts and compliance with contract provisions.
- Conducts investigative audits to review allegations of fraud, waste, and abuse.
- Presents oral and written reports to management, communicating findings and recommendations during and at the conclusion of an audit concerning recommendations regarding the adequacy and effectiveness of department control systems.
- Serves as consultant to County management on operating issues.
- Analyzes complex department operations for efficiency, effectiveness, and compliance with policies and procedures.
- Evaluates department responses to audit reports, and performs assigned follow up audits of department action plans.
- Performs quality control reviews of other staff members’ work papers.