Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in ensuring an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close to include preparing journal entries, reconciliations and working papers.
- Assist in ensuring the timely reporting of all monthly financial information according to corporate mandated schedules and ensures all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Prepare and analyzes budgets and monthly forecasts as well as updates to budgets and forecasts.
- Prepares financial reporting and analysis for management on an ongoing and ad hoc basis.
- Prepares and reports on variance analysis and trends, including determining root cause and driving corrective action with appropriate groups.
- Works closely with management team and other employees throughout the company to support accurate financial reporting and forecasting.
- Collaborates with the other finance team members to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Monitors and analyzes work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Assist with preparation of internal and external audit schedules. Monitors compliance with company processes and procedures.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department and company.
- Provide training and support to new and existing staff as needed.
- Special projects and workflow process improvements.
- Assist in ERP/financial system implementations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting, CPA/CMA preferred
Technical Skills and Prior Experience
- Minimum three years progressive experience in the financial reporting/general ledger area. Experience working in public accounting or similar setting is preferred.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced setting.
- Experience with Essbase, Oracle ERP and BI reporting preferred.
- Must have strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills required.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are required.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.
- Ability to work under limited supervision required.