ABOUT DAKOTA PACIFIC REAL ESTATE Dakota Pacific Real Estate (“DPRE”) is a real estate investment sponsor raising and deploying capital through closed-end funds and single-project ventures. Since its founding in 2010, the firm has raised and invested $400 million in equity commitments across myriad commercial and multi-family residential projects comprised both of value-add acquisitions and ground-up developments.
Based in Salt Lake City, UT, DPRE leverages its local presence expertise and select strategic partnerships to capitalize on superior risk-adjusted opportunities in the growing markets along the Wasatch Front and surrounding Intermountain West locations. With a deep focus on business plan execution beyond the initial investment, DPRE employs in-house asset and property management teams dedicated to maximizing asset potential and generating superior returns for its stakeholders.
ABOUT THE ROLE: We are seeking an accounting professional who has proven to be reliable in their accounting abilities and who can be trusted to work independently on any duty assigned. You will gain valuable accounting experience through financial reporting exposure to investment funds, developments, and property asset management. This individual will work with the finance team to ensure proper financial reporting for all portfolio assets. Your role will be to assist in various aspects of the financial close process and review of financial statements of investment entities, operating properties, and development projects. You will also be involved in the preparation of monthly reporting for executive leadership and assist in the annual audit of the firm’s investment funds. This is an ideal job for an accountant, with one to two years of experience, who is interested in a career in the real estate investment industry. This role will report to the Director of Finance.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- One to two years of working experience in accounting
- Ability to prepare, review and analyze GAAP financial statements
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving, organization, relationship management, and effective communication skills
- Self-starter willing to take on new projects and proven ability to work independently through tasks
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel and the Microsoft Office Suite is preferred.
- Manage and maintain accounting records for financial reports
- Coordinate and maintain working relationships with the firm’s joint-venture partners, construction, property management, and investment teams
- Ensure GAAP compliance, timeliness and accuracy with each asset’s reporting
- Manage third-party bookkeeper relationships to ensure monthly job cost reconciliation and job closeouts with upmost accuracy
- Assist in the construction draw and payables process, work with the Director of Finance to complete various projects and/or research as needed and will also perform other duties as assigned
LOCATION, TIMING & COMPENSATION: This role is based in Salt Lake City, UT and is available for immediate hire. Dakota Pacific offers competitive compensation (DOE) with market leading benefits including matched 401K.Apply Online