Senior Internal Auditor
Want to work for one of the fastest growing insurance company in the nation? SILAC Insurance Company in Salt Lake City, Utah is actively seeking a diligent, full-time Senior Internal Audit Associate to provide independent, objective assurance and consulting, and add value to enhance the company’s operations. This individual will assist the company in accomplishing its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, internal control, and corporate governance.
SILAC provides an immense variety of benefits and perks, including:
- Paid Time Off
- Birthday Pay
- Paid Volunteer Time
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Referral Bonus
- Employer Contributions to 401k
- Semi-Annual Incentive Program
- Subsidized Transportation
- Employer HSA Contributions
- Company Parties
- Company SWAG
- Employee Recognition, and more!
Additionally, we offer our Senior Internal Audit Associate the following benefits:
- Traditional and High Deductible Health Plans,
- HSA and FSA options
- 401(K) and ROTH
- Life Insurance (up to $50K employer paid),
- Short-term and Long-term Disability (employer paid)
- Supplemental Life and Disability coverage
- Identity Protection
- Employee Assistance Program
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, apply today!
ABOUT SILAC INSURANCE COMPANY
During the Great Depression, Doc Ross went on a mission to help people; and with a borrowed $20 bill, our great company was formed. Those humble beginnings - and Doc’s initial mission of helping people - have remained at the forefront ever since. We now celebrate our 86th year of providing straightforward & competitive products for clients, delivering best-in-class service to our agents & business partners, and propelling the success of our employees.
Our identity has evolved since entering the annuity space in 2018; and we will continue our commitment to be an adaptable, innovative, and trustworthy insurance company in the days ahead. SILAC has been awarded Top Workplaces in 2016, 2017 and 2020 honor by The Salt Lake Tribune. In 2019, we were given WINK’s Trailblazer award for Multi-Year Guaranteed Annuity sales. Per Wink’s Sales & Market Report, we increased our Multi-Year Guaranteed Annuity market share the greatest percentage of any company, from 2018 to 2019. In 2020, we were named the 3rd Fastest Growing Life Insurance Company by S&P Global Market Intelligence. Multiple annuity products of ours are also consistently among the top ten across the life insurance industry (independent agent arena).
Our company has a national reputation for caring – but it’s our SILAC family that truly sets us apart. Nothing is more rewarding to us than the positive words of our own employees. At SILAC, we have families, mentors, friendships, and above all, good, quality people who care about succeeding together as a company. Teamwork, creativity, collaboration, gratitude, and integrity are among the values that are championed here. Come join our SILAC family!
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A SENIOR INTERNAL AUDITOR
As a Senior Internal Auditor, you will assist the Internal Audit Manager in the completion of several yearly projects, such as: Model Audit Rule (MAR), Own Risk Solvency Assessment (ORSA), and other ad hoc analysis or investigations. These projects consist of planning procedures, walkthroughs, interviews, documentation requests, verifications, drafting reports, and presenting to department leaders.
The Senior Internal Auditor will also review work performed by the Internal Auditor and help provide feedback on their work to foster continuous improvement. They will also report to and perform other work or projects as directed by the Internal Audit Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, IT or related field, with two to four years’ work experience in finance, accounting or IT; or any combination of education, professional training, or work experience that demonstrates ability to perform the job.
- Intermediate knowledge and skill in applying internal auditing and accounting principles and practices, management principles and preferred business practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills.
- Strong proficiency with working with data through Microsoft Excel and other analytical tools.
- Detail-oriented with ability to be accurate and complete tasks correctly.
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and meet time standards.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, IT, or related field.
- Experience within the life, health, or property and casualty insurance industry.
- Experience with accounting software applications (i.e., IBM, SAGE).
- Previous auditing experience in financial services or insurance industries.
- Previous auditing experience with integrated audits
- Demonstrated knowledge of audit tools like ACL, IDEA, and Microsoft SQL.
- Experience in IT risk assessment and control testing.
- Professional certifications or actively working towards certifications (CPA, CIA, CISA, CMA, CFE).
SILAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Apply Online