Certified Public Accountant
Johnson & Semken, CPAs, PC is a small public accounting firm with a strong emphasis on providing expert tax, accounting, and consulting services to a wide variety of small business and individual clients. We strive to maintain a supportive, friendly environment for our staff, while providing exceptional service to our clients. We have been growing consistently for many years (almost exclusively from referrals) and are looking for another CPA to grow with our firm. Our office is conveniently located in Murray, east of Fashion Place Mall – just a two-minute drive from I-215.
Our ideal candidate is a well-rounded CPA (or CPA candidate) who can join our team full-time and hit the ground running. Responsibilities will include financial statement preparation, business and individual tax return preparation, tax planning, QuickBooks support and setup, and interactions with clients. There is potential for a future ownership opportunity in our firm for the right candidate.
We are looking for someone who embodies the following characteristics:
- Strong professional ethics
- Goal-oriented, reliable, accountable, and flexible
- Thorough, detail-oriented, and well organized
- Passionate about lifelong learning
- Aptitude for problem solving, analysis, and critical thinking
- Focus on time-management, prioritization, and completing tasks in a timely manner
- Values feedback, discussion, and collaboration with team
- Self-motivated, enjoys independent work
- CPA license (or working to become licensed)
- 3+ years of related work experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills, including experience with the following software:
- QuickBooks (QuickBooks Online experience a plus)
- Microsoft Word and Excel
- Tax preparation software (ProSeries experience a plus)
This position offers various benefits, including paid time off, health insurance, and health savings account contributions. Scheduling can be flexible, with an option for partial remote work once onboarding and training are complete. Salary range: $50,000-80,000 depending on experience.
For consideration, please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.