We’re looking for an energetic and motivated Accountant to join our growing Finance team.
In this role, you will be responsible for performing functions related to accounting activities across Republic’s business units. Our ideal candidate is comfortable working with a high degree of integrity, including the ability to work with sensitive or confidential information. You will need strong interpersonal skills and possess a strong business acumen to thrive in this role. Ability to work remotely and independently and a self-starter.
What you’ll do:
- Prepare and maintain financial records for affiliate companies by researching and analyzing balance sheets and general ledger accounts;
- Complete proper recording and application of cash, management of outstanding invoices and receivables;
- Process employee expense reports, vendor invoices and customer invoices;
- Provide timely and accurate payment and account standing information;
- Identify and implement process improvements for accounting procedures;
- Prepare monthly journal entries;
- Assist with system reports for month end transactions;
- Maintains and balances accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions and resolving discrepancies;
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliation and variance explanations for multiple balance sheet accounts;
- Research reconciliation differences and multiple issues as they arise;
- Performs other general accounting responsibilities as required such as management reports, auditor inquiries, budgets and other special projects; and
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Our ideal candidate:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or other business-related field.
- Minimum of two or more years prior accounting experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Advanced Excel preferred)
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and follow instructions
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills
- Strong math aptitude and ability to work accurately with numbers
- Excellent organizational, written and interpersonal skills, attention to detail
- Applies principles of accounting to analyze financial information
- Advanced knowledge of accounting procedures, consistently seeks for process improvements and automation
- Ability to work and interact with personnel at all levels within the organization
- Knowledge of industry related concepts and terminology
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, with significant competing deadlines.
- Able to grasp processes and concepts quickly and resolve issues.
- Basic knowledge of GAAP requirements preferred