As one of the most productive and respected insurance agencies in Utah we invite you to consider becoming part of our team and enjoying the friendly atmosphere of our office. We pride ourselves on our attention to detail and our focus on our clients. We endeavor to provide excellent customer service to our clients and to provide them with the right insurance products to protect their businesses and personal property.
Currently we are looking for an Accounting Manager with experience in the insurance industry and a strong work ethic to work in our Commercial P&C Agency in Salt Lake City Utah. The right candidate will possess good communication, people, and computer skills, and will work well with others, especially our staff and Management team. They must be able to organize a busy workload and must be proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite of software.
KEY ACTIVITIES: • Manage the reconciliation of Bank Accounts, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable including the recording of Commission statements not downloaded.
• Administer setups for Accounting in our Applied EPIC management system.
• Provide accounting related customer service and analysis to our insurance clients and servicing staff.
• Build relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Support and enrich our existing agency culture.
• Oversee the month-end close process and analysis of results.
• Liaise with external auditors for year-end financial statement audits.
• Analyse financial data and communicate financial results to key managers.
• Oversee budget process, including revenues, expenses, and preparation of the budget, etc.
• Make recommendations towards sound business decisions while ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS • Proven leadership qualities
• Prioritization skills to ensure transactional tasks do not overtake strategic tasks.
• Demonstrates high moral and ethical standards.
• Thorough understanding of internal controls and audit requirements
• Well-organized and able to collaborate with other team members and senior executives.
• Comprehensive knowledge of GAAP, including consolidation and joint venture accounting.
• A strong knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, including a sound understanding of financial forecasting.
• Knowledge of insurance agency accounting transactions, reconciliation, and segregation of duties and controls.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to effectively collaborate with other team members.
• Sound computer skills, including strong abilities with Microsoft Excel & Office applications.
• Demonstrated experience using business models, budget comparisons and forecasting.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE • Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required.
• Master’s Degree in Accounting or MBA a plus.
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) a plus.
• 3+ Years Previous Insurance Accounting Experience preferred.
If you are ready and willing, please submit resume to Dennis Dunbar, firstname.lastname@example.org.