Principal Duties The Hotline Specialist will perform a variety of functions including but not limited to:
- Working with a team to receive, analyze, investigate, and refer or resolve questions and concerns related to public education.
- Researching and reviewing federal, state, and local regulations, statutes, policies and procedures
- Writing or drafting correspondence, reports, documents, and/or other materials.
- Using information systems to house and track concerns, supporting documentation and regulations.
- Communicating and consulting with team members, co-workers, stakeholders of education, and Board members.
- Identifying and assessing risks and opportunities to public education.
The Ideal Candidate The ideal candidate for this position is someone who:
- Has a bachelor’s degree in a field that emphasized research, risk assessment, critical thinking, and communication (e.g., audit, policy, compliance, criminal justice)
- Is proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & Outlook)
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Is trustworthy, resourceful, self-motivated and willing to learn because we don’t expect you to know everything