Many costly fraud schemes have occurred repeatedly throughout the past several decades, mostly due to the lack of implementation of internal controls and a fraud risk mitigation plan. The advancement of technology and the increased sophistication in committing fraud are also impacting organizations and affecting their bottom line. The Business Fraud Risk Framework identifies various types of
fraud that can be perpetrated across an organization. This course will provide insight into the framework and focus on the most prevalent fraud schemes affecting organizations.
• Business Fraud Risk Framework
• Cyber fraud
• Misappropriation of assets
• Money laundering
• Financial statement fraud
• Investing/Ponzi schemes
• Risk mitigation techniques
Individuals looking to understand various fraud schemes and how to mitigate these risks
• Distinguish between different fraud schemes within the Business Fraud Risk Framework.
• Identify the most prevalent fraud schemes perpetrated across organizations.
• Describe the adverse impacts on an organization as a result of perpetrated fraud schemes.
• Identify red flags for each of the fraud schemes.
• Recall an effective root cause analysis.
• Distinguish the methodology of how frauds are committed.
• Identify trends in various types of fraud.
• Recall how to mitigate fraud within an organization with properly designed internal controls and other methods
Oann Noe Cross is a Professor of Accounting at the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh. Her research interests are in accounting history and the uses of financial information.
Joann is a member of numerous professional and academic organizations. She is also active in her community serving as Treasurer of the local United Way and on the Board of several small charities. In addition, Dr. Cross presents numerous accounting and auditing seminars around the country, speaks at various conferences throughout the year, and maintains an active consulting practice.
Joann received her B.S. in Mathematics from the University of Wisconsin-Madison and her Ph.D. in Accountancy from the University of Illinois-Urbana.
Non-Member Price $345.00
Member Price $290.00