Are you ready to learn about the latest trends in technology? Do you sometimes feel lost in the technology jungle? Would you like clear guidance regarding Windows, Office, the Cloud, security, and other technology-related issues? If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, then make plans now to invest four hours in this fast-paced and highly informative seminar that is sure to ramp up your return on technology investment.
The technology tools available to businesses have never been better, but many are not taking full advantage of these tools. This course helps professionals, at all levels, understand the major trends in hardware, software, and services and how to utilize these tools to meet organizational objectives both efficiently and effectively. More than just a seminar on the latest computers, you will learn about the full spectrum of practical technology available to you and your team and how to implement these tools for maximum impact.
Fundamental understanding of basic technology concepts
Business professionals who are interested in how technology affects them and seek an update of relevant technology trends, tools, and techniques
• List and describe key features of Windows 10 and identify situations where upgrading might be advantageous
• Cite developments in mobile technologies that might affect your mobile strategy
• Identify security issues facing business professionals and list options for mitigating risk
• List and describe key features of Office 2016 and determine an optimal time to upgrade
• Identify major trends in hardware, including desktops, laptops, servers, tablets, storage, and printing
• Differentiate between strategies for successful Cloud implementations, including accounting and tax, document management, workflow, and data storage and synchronization applications
• Define virtualization and identify how it potentially changes the technology infrastructure in your office
Mac McClelland, an attorney and accounting professional, is an associate of K2 Enterprises of Hammond, Louisiana, and Network Management Group of Hutchinson, Kansas. Mac was formerly the director of the Centre for Financial Studies at the University of Otago in Dunedin, New Zealand, where he lived and worked for seven years from 1990 to 1996. He was also a member of the faculty of the Advanced Business Programme, ranked in the top 100 MBA programs in the world by The Economist, specializing in business strategy and strategic management accounting. He gained his practical experience in information systems with the National Aeronautics and Space Administration, and has an established practice in business and technology consulting. Services offered include technology assessments and plans, accounting software selection, advanced cost system analysis and design, LAN/WAN design and implementation, and customized business and technology training. Mac has taught hundreds of continuing professional education seminars to accountants and business managers in the United States, New Zealand, Australia, Japan, and Southeast Asia. His presentations are highly rated, and he has won several awards for teaching excellence. Mac has been published in leading business and practitioner journals, including Tax Ideas, Computers in Accounting, Journal of Accounting Education, Chartered Accountants Journal of New Zealand, and the top-rated Journal of Accounting Research.
Non-Member Price $195.00
Member Price $170.00