If you are an experienced Excel user seeking to elevate your skills, join the K2 team for K2’s Advanced Excel. In this laptop-friendly program, you will learn critical advanced Excel skills in six key areas: 1) collaborating with other users and securing workbooks, 2) using tables to analyze and report data, 3) integrating and manipulating data from external sources, 4) creating and auditing complex formulas, 5) advanced data analysis tools, and 6) visualization techniques to analyze and communicate information.
The content of this course draws from over twenty-five years of experience in delivering Excel training to accountants and other business professionals and throughout the program, relevant, real-world examples reinforce the major topics presented. You do not want to miss this opportunity to become more efficient and proficient in Microsoft Office Excel, the accounting and financial professional’s tool of choice. This course covers advanced Excel topics found in Excel 2013 and newer.
Experienced Excel user
Business professionals who work with Excel 2013 or newer and want to extend their knowledge with advanced features and functions
• Identify and implement the best techniques to secure sensitive information in Excel workbooks and collaborate with other users to improve accuracy and efficiency
• Create tables and take advantage of their advanced features, such as dynamic data ranges, structured reference formulas, and the ability to relate multiple tables together into a Data Model
• Import and link data into Excel from external sources – including text, Access, and SQL Server – and use advanced tools, such as Power Query and various cleanup tools to manipulate the data to meet specific needs
• Use advanced functions, such as SUMPRODUCT, VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP, MATCH, INDEX, NETWORKDAYS, RAND, RANDBETWEEN, NPV, IRR, XNPV, and XIRR to create and audit complex formulas
• Analyze worksheet data using techniques such as Data Tables, Subtotals, Slicers, Filters, and PivotTables
• Describe techniques used to create, manipulate, and customize charts for analyzing and communicating information
Mac McClelland, an attorney and accounting professional, is an associate of K2 Enterprises of Hammond, Louisiana, and Network Management Group of Hutchinson, Kansas. Mac was formerly the director of the Centre for Financial Studies at the University of Otago in Dunedin, New Zealand, where he lived and worked for seven years from 1990 to 1996. He was also a member of the faculty of the Advanced Business Programme, ranked in the top 100 MBA programs in the world by The Economist, specializing in business strategy and strategic management accounting. He gained his practical experience in information systems with the National Aeronautics and Space Administration, and has an established practice in business and technology consulting. Services offered include technology assessments and plans, accounting software selection, advanced cost system analysis and design, LAN/WAN design and implementation, and customized business and technology training. Mac has taught hundreds of continuing professional education seminars to accountants and business managers in the United States, New Zealand, Australia, Japan, and Southeast Asia. His presentations are highly rated, and he has won several awards for teaching excellence. Mac has been published in leading business and practitioner journals, including Tax Ideas, Computers in Accounting, Journal of Accounting Education, Chartered Accountants Journal of New Zealand, and the top-rated Journal of Accounting Research.
Non-Member Price $350.00
Member Price $250.00