BDO USA, LLP Announces Expansion Into Utah Through Addition of Mantyla McReynolds, LLC
Friday, September 9, 2016
Posted by: Amy Spencer
Salt Lake City, UT - BDO USA, LLP, one of the nation’s leading professional service organizations, announced an expansion into the Utah market through the addition of 64 staff, including 10 partners, from Mantyla McReynolds, LLC effective, July 1, 2016. Founded in 1989, Mantyla McReynolds provides a full range of accounting and consulting services to a diversified client base of public and private businesses. The firm has significant strength in the technology and life sciences, real estate, hospitality and entertainment, equipment leasing, outdoor recreation and ski resorts, auto dealerships, and manufacturing and distribution industries. Based in Salt Lake City, the firm has been a member of BDO Alliance USA since 2008.
“I want to welcome all of the partners and staff formerly with Mantyla McReynolds to BDO. This combination provides BDO with a sizable presence with excellent growth potential in the important Salt Lake market," said Wayne Berson, CEO of BDO USA. “Through our previous Alliance relationship, we have a history of collaboration on client work and business development with our new partners and staff. This familiarity will be extremely valuable as we integrate the practice with BDO.”
“For the eight years we have been members of the BDO Alliance USA, we have thoroughly enjoyed working with the BDO partners and staff. BDO has a very compatible service philosophy that will make our transition into the firm as seamless as possible,” said Kim McReynolds, Managing Partner of Mantyla McReynolds. “We've established a long history of creating strong relationships with some of Utah’s largest entrepreneurial companies, many with national and international reach. By combining with BDO we will build on that tradition by bringing our clients a wider array of solutions, broader industry experience, and the full coverage of BDO's global network. BDO has a very similar culture to our own and the firm’s reputation as a favorable workplace also fits well with our focus on our people, providing them with more opportunities to pursue career growth.”
Like BDO USA, Mantyla McReynolds has been recognized by numerous business and industry publications for its workplace accomplishments. It has been named one of the “Best Accounting Firms to Work for” by Accounting Today for five consecutive years and one of the “Best Companies to Work for” by Utah Business. In addition, Mantyla McReynolds is the 2016 recipient of the coveted Best in State award in the business services/accounting category. The award recognizes achievement in a business’s field, innovation in techniques and processes and contribution to quality of life in Utah.
Don Mantyla and Kim McReynolds, firm co-founders and prominent professionals in the Salt Lake community, will continue in their leading roles in the practice. Matt McReynolds, who has more than 15 years of professional experience, will continue to serve as the assurance managing partner for the new Utah practice of BDO USA. Shane Grant, who has more than 24 years of experience in public accounting, will continue in his role as the tax managing partner for the Utah practice.
Going forward, BDO will maintain Mantyla McReynolds current office location located at 178 S. Rio Grande Street, Suite 200, Salt Lake City, Utah 84101, Phone: 801-269-1818.
· Over the past three years, BDO has expanded rapidly, entering 21 new cities and adding critical mass in 12 existing markets.
- BDO represents companies ranging from closely-held private businesses to leading non-profits to Fortune 500 multinationals.
· BDO USA has industry practices specialized in serving businesses in the construction, energy, financial institutions, asset management, government contracting, healthcare, insurance, manufacturing, nonprofit, private equity, real estate, restaurant, retail and technology sectors.
· For three consecutive years (2013-2015), BDO USA has gained more SEC audit clients than any other accounting firm (source - Audit Analytics).
- BDO has been named a Best Company by Working Mother Magazine for five consecutive years and been recognized with the When Work Works Award for Business Excellence in Workplace Flexibility for six consecutive years.
- BDO has 65 offices and more than 400 independent alliance firm locations around the country.
- BDO USA has been serving clients for more than 100 years since its founding in 1910 (as Seidman & Seidman).
- As an independent member of BDO International Limited, the firm can leverage the resources of more than 1,300 member firm offices in over 150 countries around the world. BDO was named the 2015 Network of the Year by International Accounting Bulletin.
About BDO USA
BDO is the brand name for BDO USA, LLP, a U.S. professional services firm providing assurance, tax, financial advisory and consulting services to a wide range of publicly traded and privately held companies. For more than 100 years, BDO has provided quality service through the active involvement of experienced and committed professionals. The firm serves clients through more than 60 offices and more than 400 independent alliance firm locations nationwide. As an independent Member Firm of BDO International Limited, BDO serves multi-national clients through a global network of more than 1,300 offices in over 150 countries.
BDO USA, LLP, a Delaware limited liability partnership, is the U.S. member of BDO International Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, and forms part of the international BDO network of independent member firms. BDO is the brand name for the BDO network and for each of the BDO Member Firms. For more information, please visit: www.bdo.com.